The following information is related to WinCC Open Architecture version 3.16. The virtual environments on the following operating systems client and server with VMWare.
- Windows 10 – CB Version 1709 64bit, LTSB Version 1607 64bit (64bit)
- Windows 7 – Ultimate/Enterprise/Professional with SP1 (64bit)
- Windows Server 2016 – Server 2016 (64bit)
- Windows Server 2012 – Server 2012 R2 (64bit)
- Linux RedHat – Enterprise Linux 7.4 (64bit)
- CentOS – CentOS 7.4 (64bit)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise – SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Version 12.3 (64bit)
- openSUSE – openSUSE Leap 42.3 (64bit)
- Android (Mobile UI) – 4.4 and above
- iOS (Mobile UI) – 11.0 and above
- Workstation Pro (supported with all operating systems that are stated above);
- ESXi Version 6.0 and Version 6.5 (supported by all operating systems that are stated above);
- vSphere Cluster (HA) with ESXi 6.0 and ESXi 6.5
There is no change to the WinCC OA licensing scheme if a virtual environment is used. For more information about system requirements and VMWare support please see the Siemens WinCC OA online help files or contact us.
- WinCC OA must be adequately shut down before a Virtual Machine is stopped.
- An ‘online backup’ (‘snapshot’) of a Virtual Machine is not supported.
- A snapshot of a virtual machine cannot be restored.
- The clock of the virtual machine shall never make an unexpected jump (forward or backward) while WinCC OA is running.
- Redundant WinCC OA systems shall run on physical redundant hardware and network configurations.
- WinCC OA must not run on a virtual machine for safety-critical systems.