WinCC OA VIDEO is used to visualize video components and control cameras and PTZ (pan/tilt/zoom) cameras either by means of a control panel or using a keyboard and mouse. The combination of WinCC OA and video surveillance is more cost-effective than using separate video interfaces, and additional maintenance and operational expenditure are reduced.
It also reduces training time for operators. WinCC OA VIDEO can be integrated into any existing WinCC OA application in Windows or Linux and it can be configured and expanded online. In accordance with the WinCC OA concept, it can be set up as a redundant unit.
WinCC Open Architecture 3.15
Steps to Create a USB Test Stream
- Right-click “Camera”
- Click “Create new object”
- Click “IP-camera”
- Select “USB camera / Test stream” from the “Type:” drop-down menu
- Tick the “active” checkbox
- Tick the “Stream 1” checkbox
- Leave the default Codec: “ANY”
- Click “Apply” then click “OK”
- Click on the camera object you’ve just created located under the “System1” navigation tree on the left panel